WordPress will soon release the new modern publishing experience, code named “Gutenberg” with its next major version in Core: WordPress 5.0 Although it’s still in beta, it is important to make sure your site is Gutenberg-ready. The scope and schedule for WordPress 5.0 is now available.
Our company has been publishing community voices and resources on Gutenberg Times since June 2017 and our owner, Birgit Pauli-Haack has actively contributed to the various WordPress teams: Testing, Core-Editor and Support. We published over 80 posts on the Gutenberg Times and the site is one of the most comprehensive collections of resources for the next era of WordPress.
Hire our expert team at Pauli Systems to assess your site’s opportunities and challenges and provide you with an review process and our recommendation for implementing Gutenberg.
Our Site Review Process in Six Steps
- We will create a copy of your site. Depending of your hosting situation via cloning process or a straight up copy process
- We will review how well your current theme displays default Gutenberg blocks and suggest modifications.
- We will test your plugins for Gutenberg compatibility against a list of known issues and conflicts and suggest alternative or fixes
- We will test your existing content for possible conversion issues to Gutenberg blocks.
- We will provide you with an comprehensive implementation and training plan for your site.
- If it turns out your site is not ready yet, we will recommend relevant methods on how to avoid Gutenberg and keep the Classic Editor, until you can make the investment to update your site’s themes and plugins.
Connect with us directly via email or fill out this form to take it to the next step.